Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Testing my waters.....

This is a first look at the "Following the Masters" challenge. I chose John Singer Sergeant. I'm not a huge fan of doing landscapes. But it is a fun way to challenge myself as I am getting back into painting. There are some obvious changes that I'll be making. Is nice to take a picture of it and put it on the computer. I always find what is missing or needs to be fixed this way.

oil on canvas panel

Here is a 20min. sketch from a LIFE photo. It's not a finished product or anything.... just a fun way to get my pencil moving....
graphite and charcoal on 100lb. smooth bristol


I found a aqua watercolor brush at Michaels and a constant wet aqua-brush at Hobby Lobby. I'm so excited to try them out! I enjoyed the last Following the Masters challenge in watercolor. Maybe this will be my media of choice for awhile..... who knows....

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simple. HENRY DAVID THOREAU

No comments: