Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Moody and "in progress"

Wow, it has been waaaaaaay too long since I've been on here. i actually have been painting. I've been attempting to paint larger. As I've said before I like instant gratification. So painting larger scale is a lot different for me. I get a bit impatient. I like the details... and I always want to get to that first, and we all know, you can't really do that if your going for realistic scenes..... I'm waaaaaay behind. I've been working on The Virtual Paintout of North Ireland. Which was last month. This month is Nova Scotia. Plus I went and bought a large canvas today, approx. 30 x 40... Yike! I'm going to attempt an abstract for my living room. I'm thinking something like this:

Credit where credit is due here, http://www.ballarddesigns.com/ or maybe a landscape.... not sure yet.

Down below is an oldie but a goodie I did about 7 years ago this month. I was newly pregnant with my first boy and ohhhhhhh sooooooooo first trimester sick.

Off I go to work some more on my oil painting. I will get some "in progress" pics up soon.

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I have never been a fan of abstract art, but I must admit that the geometrical repeat of the squares I truly love. It speaks to my own detail-orientedness (I do like to make up my own words) and need for order. Your tricycle drawing is fabulous; the contrasts are perfect. With little ones at home, I am not surprised that you are so busy busy busy!!