Thursday, July 2, 2009

Drawings in color

Here is a quick watercolor I got to do of a Palm Tree while on vacation. It's only about 3.5 x 6 and took 15minutes.
The peaches below I did several weeks back. I was trying my prismacolors on a larger scale. Got the picture from a magazine and I enjoyed the DSDF challenge with the veggies so much I wanted to try another food still life.
Peaches in Prismacolor pencil. 8 x 9
on Bristol smooth


This was a challenge from DSDF that was presented long before I knew of the website. But it caught me and I just had to try it. This also was done with Prismacolor pencil. I did a sketch initially and then I wanted to try it with some color. It was done in the car on the way to Alabama. So after many bumps and jiggles of being bounced along the interstate I gave up on trying to do a background or anymore of it...
3 x 5 on Bristol vellum
Hope everyone gets to have some time to sketch, paint, or get creative this weekend. (If I don't get to post again until after all the festivities are done....) I also hope you all have a safe and fun July 4th weekend!

No comments: